A huge thank-you to Rene (the blogger behind Periwinkle Pursuits) for nominating me for the Creative Blogger Award! I am very new here so I feel honored that my blog was acknowledged with the nomination! Rene has a wonderful blog herself, where she shares her creative pursuits as she makes her way through a life with fibromyalgia and raises awareness for the same.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Share five facts about yourself.
- Nominate at least 5 other bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
Five facts about me (that you probably didn’t know):
- A long time ago, when I was in middle/high school, my mom wanted me to take self-defense lessons. So I trained in Shorin-Ryu karate. I am a black belt (1st dan).
- Sometimes I have trouble making my left and right brain hemispheres talk to each other, even though they both work perfectly fine by themselves. As such, I don’t always understand the musical difference between punk rock and heavy metal, but I like one and not the other. I will also be able to hum a classical piece (so I obviously know it) but will not be able to remember the name of it.
- I have a love-hate relationship with my hair. It is long and thick, and I love the way it looks when it behaves. Trouble is, it’s a problem child and doesn’t always behave. Then I just look like Joey Ramone (which I don’t mind either).
- I may have had a past life as a fish. I absolutely love being in the water, and would like to train as a scuba diver one day. Between asthma and fibromyalgia, I am not sure if that will ever come true, but a girl can dream!
- When I am stressed out, the mess that I live in suddenly becomes very apparent, and I go on a cleaning spree. This is about the only way the apartment ever really gets cleaned.
My nominations/blogs I would love for others to check out:
- Fruitful Dark
- Isabella El-Hasan
- All Things Chronic
- Jill Millward Artwork
- The Doodle Chronicles Blog
- The Invisible F
Thanks once again to Rene for the kind nomination!!